Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cutting it Close

I was shown a valuable lesson tonight, a lesson I will always remember and practice throughout my life. I was working the Storm Hockey game, and the Storm were down 1-0 in the 2nd period. I expected them to not get the job done, lose another one, and slip further away from that clinched playoff spot. Instead, the Storm rallied and tied the game up. This still isn't enough to finish their duties though. When time was running below 1.30 left in the 3rd, I figured tonight was going to be another OT heartbreak loss, but again the Storm exceed my expectations, and score a goal, sealing the victory and closer to that playoff spot.
Sitting back, realizing what had just happened, I used those skaters' as an example to lead a little something in my own life. It's 11.25PM on Saturday night, the last day within the last hour of this week. This is my 3rd blog post for the week, but it's enough for the win. So even though I was down, against the odds, I've rallied back, with two consecutive posts to get me through this week. In hockey or homework, even if you wait until the end to finish off what you set out to do, a finish is a win.

3 comments:

  1. Well done, sir. Do you know the Storm lost like 10 to 1 the night before. Just checking. Wang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. And an interesting reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! That's what the last minute is for. If you didn't wait till the last minute life would be so so boring. Procrastination is key in life, but most people don't wait around long enough to find that out.

    ReplyDelete