Thursday, February 4, 2010

An Addiction. . .

I have a an addiction. My day, my world, my LIFE revolves around consuming more and more, finding myself with no other answer to the craving. I'm juiced to accomplish the most minuscule of tasks. Not a day goes by that I can resist the urges to use. Sleep is the only downtime, and even then its not long. Rising early to suck down more and driving until late to avoid falling off. To imagine a day free of the drug is to imagine non-existence. I'm hooked. . .on coffee. Folgers, Starbucks, Caribou, it doesn't matter, I use it all. Starting with just a cup a day seemed fine, hurting no one. Now 8, 10, 12 before the sun breaks and pots upon pots before it sets. Hazelnut, Colombian, French, I can't stop myself. Coffee is the fuel to which my body runs, and if the tank runs dry I shut down. More and More! The brew is getting too weak as of late, and I've been resorting to eating the beans like a child eating candies. Always hyped, never down. This isn't a cry for help, but a scream for an answer to the buzz!

No comments:

Post a Comment