Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm Just Sayin'

As my roommates and I were reminiscing about previous evenings out and about, we came to a conclusion. It seems if there is a less attractive woman about, she is stereotyped as a lesbian. And if we flip it, good looking men are questions to be gay. Why the jump from the sexes? Gay men seem to be a bit more clean cut, with a balanced wardrobe and lesbians with butch haircuts and boots on. I'm not the bigot looking at them this way, but the common perception is out there, I'm just sayin. . .

3 comments:

  1. This is true! Anytime I'm with my friends and we come across an older lady with a short haircut, they are always like, I bet she is a lesbian. Personally, I don't see why we stereotype like this. It is kind of rude! There is nothing wrong with butch haircuts or clean-cut guys....o what is our world coming to haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting look at contrasting stereotypes. And it shows how they become a no-win scenario for the out-groups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your roommates conclude very well

    ReplyDelete