Friday, February 19, 2010

The Addiction Continues. . .

I am only a man, a man with good intentions, a man who wishes to better himself, a man who knows failure but refuses to quit. (Errr. . . Quitting is the point, so a man who can quit, for good reason, but for other reasons doesn't. Quitting, right.) The addiction is in full force now, consuming my entire body of thought. I have chosen out of free will to put down this beast and drink no more. Coffee that is, (if you thought booze was being involved here, that'd be crazy. A 22 year old college student living in Nebraska of all places, booze is not an addiction or necessity, but a way of life. Back to the point,) Coffee is done, but the grip of the drug holds tight. There is no way around these never ending urges to take the grounds and use it as the childhood "Fun Dip." The demon within cries out to brew a concentrated batch and shoot up to get the instant high. The pain is incessant and dulling, I have shrunk to a feeble skeleton of a man. My hair has fallen out and my mind strains to keep on the simplest of tasks. The drug has taken hold, and the ride out is through a fiery hell to freedom.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with that. I've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol all I could think about while reading this post is you sitting in class with you Daylight Donuts mug (which might I add is massive) full of coffee....and then you making this suggestion..."I wonder if they would care if I put a coffee maker in this classroom?" haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read your description of a caffiene headache...I know it's coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with giving it up. I can imagine a terrible caffeine headache will soon be attacking you. Make sure to have plenty of Lucky Charms on hand, they'll soothe the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some thoughts on coffee:

    http://www.multiplexcomic.com/archive.php?name=437

    ReplyDelete